Our law firm website development projects follow a rigorous Four-Step Process. The goal is to ensure that each client's vision and specific business goals are properly documented and implemented, and that nothing "falls through the cracks." Read below to learn more about our website and e-commerce development services.
Step 1: Site Strategy
Step 2: Site Design
Step 3: Site Coding
Step 4: Site Management/Analytics
Step 1: Site Strategy (back to top)
We are more than just a team of technologists – we are entrepreneurs who understand business and what it takes to succeed online. Accordingly, before we write a single line of code, our first step in any law firm website project is to schedule one or more confidential "brainstorming" sessions to:
- Study the client's business model and brand
- Identify the client's key practice areas, target audiences, and competitors
- Understand the client's unique strengths that differentiate it in the legal marketplace
- Review the business case for various website features and functionality from the standpoint of cost/benefit
- Explore the potential utility of email marketing, blogs, podcasts, search engine advertising and other online marketing initiatives to maximize ROI on the firm's website investment
The outcome of these strategy sessions is a roadmap that will guide subsequent design and development decisions, thereby ensuring that the technology deployed conforms to a firm’s business goals and objectives, and not vice versa.
Step 2: Site Design (back to top)
Using appropriate layouts, and the right mix of imagery, colors, typeface, and interactivity, our graphic artists will create a custom site design that:
- Projects the firm's brand
- Employs intuitive and user-friendly navigation
- Maintains a consistent “look-and-feel” across all pages
- Encourages conversion of visitors into leads
Step 3: Site Coding (back to top)
Utilizing the latest database-driven techologies, our programmers will deploy a site with the following features:
- Compliance with SEO "best practices," including unique meta title and description tags, search-engine friendly URL’s, a Google XML sitemap, and automatic refresh of homepage with new links to interior site content.
- Simplified site management using a content management system (CMS) with an interface that looks and functions like MS Word and does not require any programming background.
- Contextual sidebars that displays related content together (e.g., on an attorny bio page, display links to the attorney's practice areas, articles, etc.).
- Blogging functionality (optionally integrate a blog directly into the website - although we recommend that blogs be hosted at separate custom domains for maximum search engine visibility).
- User-friendly navigation such as breadcrumbs and contextual sidebar navigation that enables visitors to quickly and easily find the information they are looking for and take desired actions.
- Site search with search result pages highlighting keywords in queries.
- Site forms to capture registrations for firm events, newsletter subscriptions, and inquiries.
- RSS feeds to instantly notify subscribers concerning updates to key site sections.
- Social sharing to allow visitors to share your site content with friends and colleagues via email, and leading social networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Step 4: Site Management/Analytics (back to top)
Once your site launches, your job is just beginning. In order to generate an acceptable ROI on your website investment, you need to regularly monitor the source and volume of traffic on your website, and visitor navigation patterns. Proper analysis of site traffic reports will yield insights that can lead to modifications in site design, navigation and functionality that will increase conversion rates, and other success metrics.
We will implement Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools on your website to enable detailed analysis of sources and patterns of site traffic. Based on the reports generated by these , we will recommend incremental modifications to your website as needed.